28.2.20

Name Game

Hello! In class today, I played the name game that I described in my previous blog. Here is the conversation:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HAGgffQhgL36934LNHS3iZEvVXFwd527/view?usp=sharing

Based on their guesses of what the film would be about, I eliminated the following names:

Rosewood: In addition to this name sounding romantic, it also does not reveal anything about what the film will be about.

The Long Road Ahead: My classmates guessed that this movie would be based on overcoming something. In my film, I want to feature the problem occurring, not the recovery.

Held: One-word titles are not very effective, as they give no information to what the movie will be about. This title, in particular, does not hint to what the film will be about.

Held at Home: My classmates' guesses were somewhat accurate, however, I personally do not like this name.

Momma: My classmates' guess of the film being a musical was a polar opposite of what I actually wanted to go for in this horror/thriller film.

New: Again, one-word titles are not very effective. This title is not descriptive at all. They could not describe anything close to my film opening idea.

A Mother's Kiss: This name is too romantic sounding, which is shown from my classmates describing this movie as a happy, uplifting film.

Darkness: Although my classmate had a close guess by saying mental illness, the name is very cliche and is too broad. I can come up with a name better than that.

Guardian: This name is misleading. My classmates' guesses were way off.

Rebirth: My classmates' guess of a new beginning was correct, but I want the film to be the beginning of a negative occurrence. This is another name that is too positive.

There are now seven names that I am considering. In addition to these seven names, I have come up with two more while writing this blog. They are "WELCOME HOME" and "HOME SWEET HOME"

I am going to narrow down those names and choose the most effective one soon! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment