23.2.21

Preparation for Group Meetings

Hello! Today, I was informed by my instructor that next class, we will be put into breakout rooms for group meetings. At a group meeting, we have the opportunity to collaborate with other classmates and involve them in our brainstorming process. It is a perfect chance to get other perspectives on your ideas and see which of your ideas you should stick with. 

In preparation for this meeting, I decided to organize a list of ideas that I could present to my group members at our meeting. Here's what I came up with:


Topics:

  • Recycling- How to, DIY, and facts behind recycling
  • Digital Divide- History, modern implications, solutions for future
  • Florida Everglades- History, climate change, impact on life
  • Homelessness- Statistics, expose (of current housing crisis), inspire change
  • Golf- History of the sport, World's best golf courses, Athletes
  • History of South Florida- Prohibition, Mass Immigration, Culture shifts
  • Firefighters- Daily job, experiences, advice, testimonials
  • Dogs in Pound- expose (of sheltering crisis), inspire change
  • Florida Beaches- Most Spectacular Florida Beaches, Climate Change and Florida's Coasts
My task for this project is to create a 5-minute extract from an original documentary TV program together with an official social media page and magazine article for it. Because the documentary I create must be from a TV docuseries, I will have to ensure that my idea is something that can be replicated as a whole series. For example, for the golf idea, I could design a docuseries where one episode talks about history, one talks about athletes, and one talks about amazing courses. However, I would only need to create a 5-minute extract from one of those episodes. Due to these standards, I was forced to think from big to small during my brainstorming. I first had to come up with a broad topic, then I had to come up with subtopics that would be my episodes.

My brainstorming was a success, and I am well prepared to present my ideas to my peers. Stay tuned to see how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment