25.2.21

Successful Group Meeting!

 Hello! Today, I participated in a group meeting with 8 of my classmates. At this meeting, I had the opportunity to bounce all my ideas off of them and get feedback on how I can create an effective extract. Here's what we discussed:


Topics:

My group members read the list of topics from my previous blog and shared feedback with me. They mainly showed interest in the Florida Everglades idea, as they thought it would be a perfect topic for the resources I have at hand and would fit perfectly for this project. They suggested that I create a docuseries about national parks and, in one of the episodes, feature the Florida Everglades. The 5-minute extract that I would create for this project would be from this Florida Everglades episode. They made sure to warn me that obtaining footage for this topic may be hard, so I am going to have to brainstorm filming methods. In addition, they recommended that I stay away from topics like homelessness. Although this would be a captivating topic for a docuseries, with the resources I currently have on hand, they advised me that it will be tricky to get footage for this topic.

Magazine Article:

For the magazine article portion of the project, my group members suggested that I draft a faux magazine article that would indirectly feature the docuseries. They recommended that I could do this by writing an article about the director (myself) and in the article feature my new docuseries (this project). This is a great idea for putting a creative spin on this portion of the project.


This group meeting was very successful. After receiving their feedback, I think I am closer to finally figuring out what idea I want to go with. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment