9.4.21

Distribution for days

 Hello! Today, I wanted to take the opportunity to discuss my plan for one of the most important aspects of a production: Distribution! There are many different methods of distribution that work for different production types. For example, a new hit movie may be distributed via a wide release in movie theaters, while an independent short film may be distributed via semi-theatrical release or on social media such as Youtube. For my docuseries, I decided that it would be best for me to follow a video-on-demand digital distribution for my production. 

What is video-on-demand? 

Video-on-demand, or VOD, allows users to access a production with little constraints. With this distribution model, consumers can select and view productions whenever they choose. They view material on-demand through streaming sources or on-demand television. After the rise of personal computers and new digital consumption habits, video-on-demand became a powerful tool to distribute media, as it was able to get media in the hands of consumers at their convenience at no substantial effort/cost of the distribution company. Video-on-demand revolutionized how media companies decide to distribute their projects.

Fit for a Docuseries

Video-on-demand is the best choice for distributing my docuseries. Other methods of release, such as wide release in movie theaters, would not be practical for my project, as it is designed to be viewed over an extended period of time. Video-on-demand allows consumers to view media at their own pace, without the constraints of a movie theater schedule. In addition, video-on-demand distribution via streaming services allows consumers to watch my project in any order they want. Because there is no specific structure in the order of the episodes, consumers can watch the episodes that they are interested in and customize their viewing experience. This makes video-on-demand perfectly fit for my docuseries.

The big day: April 12th

On my social media, I shared multiple photos that advertised my production's release date and method of distribution. The big day of release is going to be April 12th, at that time, users will be able to view my docuseries on any on-demand platform, from AT&T U-Verse to Netflix. The multiple posts promoting my docuseries' distribution serve to generate excitement among my target audience, who are excitedly counting down and waiting for April 12th to come so they can come take in the view on season 1 of AGNP.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment