13.4.21

Looking back over the past few weeks...

 Hello! Wow, what an incredible past few weeks it has been. I got the opportunity to further expand my knowledge of media studies through yet another in-depth project. However, this project was different from the rest of the projects I worked on throughout my media career, as it was a culmination of every single topic I have studied while enrolled in AICE Media Studies AS and A. From distribution to brainstorming, to genre, to digital design, to storytelling, this portfolio project required me to use every topic I have learned about to develop my own production.

At the beginning...

 At the start of my project, I used my knowledge of the brainstorming process and storytelling, to decide on a topic for my docuseries. In order to choose the best topic for my docuseries, I utilized the help of my peers, who gave me feedback on my ideas and guided me in the right direction in selecting the best topic. When brainstorming topics for my extract, I knew that I wanted to choose the topic that will best achieve my purpose of inspiring viewers to preserve and protect the national parks. For this reason, I decided to create a 5-minute extract discussing the perils of the Florida Everglades in the modern-day. I was aware of the climate issues Florida has been facing recently and felt that, by sharing information about dangers the park faces in the modern-day, I would be able to tell a story that will inspire my viewers to enact change.

A minor setback

A challenge that I encountered when completing this project was finding a video-editing platform to edit my 5-minute extract on. For my previous projects, I used a service called WeVideo. This service was provided to me for free by Broward County Public Schools in past years, however, this year they ended my subscription and I was left without an editing platform. I searched the internet and asked my peers for suggestions for a new platform that was easy to use and worked on Windows. I was suggested services like Adobe Rush, Videoleap, and Davinci Resolve, all of which either required a subscription or did not have all the tools I needed to edit my extract. After one last Google search before settling for one of these services, I found a platform called Movavi. Movavi is a copycat of iMovie, a video editing service I used in the past when I owned an Apple computer. Movavi's user interface is much more simple than the other services I researched and it did not require a subscription to use. I used Movavi to edit the entirety of my 5-minute extract, and it turned out great.

All in all, this project has allowed me to combine knowledge from all the media topics that I have learned about over the past two years. By developing an in-depth production complete with a social media page, magazine article, and a 5-minute extract, I was able to use my skills to create an incredible project. Stay tuned to see the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment