7.4.21

Getting started with the magazine article

 Hello! Today, I started putting together my magazine article minor task. This minor task is new to the project this year, according to my instructor, so there are not many guidelines as to how this magazine article should look. That was good news to me, as I was able to take this task in any direction I wanted! After brainstorming what platform would be best to write this article on, I have decided on...

Meet Canva. It is an online service that allows users to "design everything." I used Canva to develop the entirety of my social media page, as well as clips for my extract.

Drag and drop editing
Canva is a very effective editing tool because it is much easier to use than other tools on the market. Canva uses drag and drop controls to help users create with ease. All a user needs to do is click on an item and drag it wherever they desire. I used drag and drop editing to create all of my social media postings, it allowed me to set the spacing of the objects without having to deal with any numbers or measurements. In addition, a user can click through tabs that contain image effects, filters, animations, etc. Canva has many powerful editing tools that they make available to users in a simple fashion.
Elements, stock images, and more!
Canva is a very effective editing tool because they have a database of visual elements, stock images, and backgrounds that they make available to users. With the click of a button, Canva users have access to a wide range of visuals that can be used in their projects. Instead of having to scan a third-party source, like Google Images, Canva offers users the ability to search up images in their database and use them in their projects with one simple drag. In addition, users can access tabs with shapes, lines, and frames that can be used to develop designs.  Any portion of Canva's database can be customized in order to best fit a user's design, such as color or size. This gives users an infinite amount of visual stimuli to work with when editing.

This is what I have created with Canva thus far. I plan on writing this article and improving its design throughout the week. Stay tuned for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment