16.3.20

Filming Day One

Hello! Yesterday, I got together with my mom and filmed the first part of my film opening. Take a look!

While I was preparing my set, I found a picture of myself from when I was little. I decided to set up the picture on the bedroom dresser so I could include shots of the female character taking the photo away. This will further convey the idea of the female experiencing loss. Joined with the photo of the family on the wall (which I included in my storyboard), the photo that she removes from the bedroom dresser demonstrates the idea that she is filling the void that was created by the loss of her loved ones. Take a look at these two shots:


Also, I filmed one of the most important shots in my opening, the "eating alone" shot. I worked with my camera and altered the lights in my dining room to produce a lowkey lighting effect. The use of this lighting is important to create a sense of loneliness that will serve to introduce the main character. I made sure that this shot was a long shot because I wanted there to be a lot of the background in the shot. The expansive, dark background looks bigger than the subject herself, so it helps further convey a sense of loneliness. Take a look:



Coronavirus Update: 
As of Friday, March 13th school has been canceled for all of next week. Because spring break is the week after, I will be out of school for two weeks, possibly more if matters get worse here. I will now have to be careful about following my schedule, as it will be easy to lose track of time while in this state of emergency.


I will be editing this first portion together throughout the next few days! Stay tuned to see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment