5.3.20

Location Scouting Day 1

Hello! Today, I drove around my city looking for a location to film the playground portion of my film opening! I went to three different parks, take a look!

Hunter's Pointe Park



This park is a beautiful location to film. Complete with a covered area, a two-story playground, and a lake, this is a  very strong choice. However, I have a problem with this location, as it is very bright and somewhat bland compared to the other parks. The playground does not have many elements and the park does not seem like it would match the story I am trying to tell. It looks too much like a vacation destination, not like an average park in an average town.


Jardin Park






This is Jardin park, another beautiful location in my community. This is a great location, but there is one thing that is stopping me from using it as my filming location. In the background of the second picture is a road, which is connected to a parking lot that is just out of frame on the left-hand side of the photo. Having this location so close to a road/parking lot will make it hard to control continuity error in my film because I will have no way to keep cars out of my shots. Continuity error can appear if a car moves when I am in the middle of my filming, as one second a car will be there and the next second it disappears. For this reason, I will not choose to film at Jardin Park. I must say, however, I have realized that my community looks more like a vacation spot than an actual town! These are some beautiful pictures!

Oakbrook Park



This is Oakbrook park, the location I have decided to film the playground portion of my film opening at. There are many reasons why Oakbrook park is the best location to film.

First, it is the only park that is not solely surrounded by palm trees. Although these palms are quite majestic, they do not fit the setting I am trying to develop for my film opening, as they stand out and take focus away from the characters. In addition, the trees at Oakbrook park give more shade than the trees at the other parks do. This will allow me to be able to have multiple different lightings that I can choose from based on how I want that shot to feel. For example, at the beginning of the opening during the credits, I want the shots to be bright and fun. During the scene where the female approaches the child, I want the shots to be a lot darker. This location will allow me to do just that.
Secondly, it is far enough away from any surrounding roads that no cars will get in any of my shots, so I will not have to worry about continuity error.

There we have it! I will be using Oakbrook park as my filming location for the playground portions of my film opening. I am excited to be filming at such a beautiful location.


No comments:

Post a Comment