19.3.20

Progress Update

Hello! As things are changing fast, I wanted to do a progress update on what is going on with my portfolio project.

As of Tuesday, March 17th, the state of Florida has mandated that schools be canceled until the earliest of April 15th. With this project being due on April 5th, I will not be in school again before this is due. This challenge will make it hard for me to continue brainstorming with my peers and regularly discussing the project with my instructor.

I have also been practicing social distancing as of March 17th. Because of this, I have still not been able to meet up with my little cousin to film the rest of the opening. I have been in a state of limbo, waiting for my instructor to give us more information about changes to the assignment. An hour ago, I got off of a conference call with my class where we were told that the due date has been extended until April 12th. This gives us more time to change our original plans and come up with something that would work with limited resources.

Due to these circumstances, I will be forced to slightly change my film opening. Instead of having my cousin act as a young boy that gets approached by the female character, I will not have him participate in the opening at all. Instead, I will begin the film opening with the female character watching children play at the park. Then, the female will go home and prepare the house for her new "guest". Lastly, the opening will end with the female character walking out of the door joined by audio of footsteps and a car starting. This will allow the viewers to assume that the female character is going back out to do something that will start the conflict. The new beginning of the opening will introduce the female character's interest in children, which will foreshadow what she will do later in the film.

I am ecstatic to report that I am back on track and will continue to make this project a huge success! Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment