6.3.20

Location Scouting Day 2

Hello! Today, I scouted a location for the indoor portion of my film opening! I did not have to go very far, because I found that my own house would be the best and most practical place to film this portion. Here are some locations in my house I will be filming:

Dining Room
This dining room will be an excellent location for the most important shot in my opening, the shot of the woman eating dinner alone in a dark room. This shot is so important because it will help establish the character as a lonely individual who has a dark personal life. This location is one of the few areas in my house that can get dark enough for me to film this shot. Also, there is a lot of space behind the table, which will serve as a break from the tight shots of the character and will further demonstrate her character as lonely. 

My Room

My room is the best room in the house for me to film my "bedroom preparation" scene. In this scene, the woman will tidy up the room and put a stuffed animal on the bed in preparation for her new housemate. This scene will serve to create suspense, as it will forshadow that the woman is preparing for something odd. My room is the best place to use because I would not need to find any props to use and it can get very dark. This will allow me to film shots that will be effective in creating suspense and a dark mood.


I will be moving into the filming process within the next week! Stay tuned to see how this all comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment