23.3.20

Filming Day 2 & Editing

Hello! Today, I left my house for the first time in days to film the second part of my film opening. Take a look!
Here is the full rough draft:

Take-Two
While editing the material from my first day of filming, I found that the shot of the female character walking past the photo of her family was not effective in conveying her sense of distress. Today, I decided to re-shoot that shot. It came out much better the second time around; it effectively hints to the viewer that her family has passed and that she is saddened by their loss. Take a look at the difference between the two clips!

DAY ONE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G-2oaYK9HzyG__4MqcAr5nZRMRFyggq1

DAY TWO
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OXDgZLl00QglDpLcbBXpYnLBZUmKKj-m
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LA4WzytwzbetiNecwgACEkRuB003W59u

Improvise, adapt, overcome
When my mother and I arrived at the park, we ran into a small issue, the park was closed! In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, all parks in my community have been shut down until further notice. My feelings of anxiety did not last for long, as I spotted a maintenance worker who unlocked the gate for me so I could get a few shots of the park. I am very grateful that the maintenance worker helped me solve this problem. At times like these, it is important to be kind to one another and help those in need, just like the maintenance worker did for me.

Within the next few days, I will be cutting my video down to two minutes and adding sound elements. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment