13.3.20

Progress Update

Hello! I wanted to take this time to give an in-depth progress update of my portfolio project. I am 5 weeks in to this 8 week project, and although I have done a copious amount of work, I still have a way to go.

Filming:
I originally planned to film the first part of my opening on the 8th-9th of March. Unfortunately, my actors were unavailable to film on those days. Although it threw me off schedule, it isn't too serious, as I ensured that I would plan to complete filming in case it took longer than expected. I will be filming the first portion of my film opening tomorrow (3.13.20). I will then edit throughout next week, posting additional blogs to share my editing process. I will film the second part of my film opening on 3.27.20. I will then edit throughout the weekend to ensure I have a rough draft done by Monday, March 30th. This is a little more time crunched than I would have liked, but I will ensure everything is completed effectively.

Coronavirus Outbreak:
The global COVID-19 virus will have direct effects on my portfolio project. As of right now, school is not cancelled. However, as the disease continues to spread, school may be cancelled indefinitely. This will make it hard for me to collaborate with my peers and get advice from my teacher during this process. If I am forced to work from home, I will have to be extra careful about staying on track with my schedule.

My spring break is the week of March 23. During this break, I was supposed to go on a ski trip from March 19-25. Due to this virus, my family is considering cancelling the trip, as now it is not safe to travel and the situation is only getting worse. If the trip does not end up getting cancelled, I will continue with my normal schedule with no changes. However, if we decide not to go on the trip, I will be able to film the second part of my opening during the week so I will have more time to edit and perfect my project. I will continue to update this blog with what is going on.

If me, one of my actors, or another family member gets sick, I'm not exactly sure what I would do. Although this project is important, I am aware that my health and safety is a priority. However, I will be sure to film as fast as I can so in the event of a city shutdown, or someone I know getting sick, my project will not be in jeopardy. In the end, things are changing rapidly, so I will have to make decisions based on what is going on in my community.

Creative Critical Reflection:
I am beginning work on my Creative Critical Reflection this Sunday, March 15th. For this component of the project, I will create a video reflection of my project with a creative twist. One idea I have is to film a mock talk show interview, where I will pose as a profound new director who has been working tirelessly on a production for the past few months. This will be the perfect way to keep the audience engaged in the reflection while also ensuring all information is properly discussed. I will ensure this component is finished by April 3rd in order to give myself enough time to perfect my project as a whole.


Stay tuned to see how filming goes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment