3.3.20

Group Meetings

Hello! Today in class, I participated in a group discussion with a few of my peers. During this discussion, we each presented our ideas and gave feedback to each other. This discussion made me feel confident in my project, as my peers loved the idea of challenging stereotypes by featuring a female criminal. Additionally, they were impressed by my research of serial killers, sexual abusers, and kidnappers that will help me create a character with the correct qualities for my film.

I got some advice about a problem I was having regarding editing my opening. I do not own any advanced editing software, so I asked my peers what they recommend. One of my peers recommended using the free trial of Final Cut Pro to see how I like it, then purchasing it to use for future projects if necessary. Another peer argued against this, stating that I should not start with services like Final Cut Pro and Premiere because they are too advanced to just start learning how to use now. Based on my peers' advice, I will use a platform called WeVideo, as it is easy to use and is given to me by my school.

Another problem I got advice about was how I should go about finding actors for the opening. It was recommended to me that I should focus on finding a real mother-son duo to play the role. The purpose of doing this would be to make the young child comfortable with doing what is asked of him, as he may be uncomfortable with being directed by someone he doesn't know or isn't comfortable with. This would be important, as I would never want to make anyone feel uncomfortable when they volunteer to act in this project.

This discussion was a great way of answering some questions I had and getting some advice for my opening. Moving forward, I am now more confident that this project will be a huge success!


No comments:

Post a Comment