11.3.20

Target Audience

Hello! Today, I was looking over my blog and I have discovered that I didn't go as in-depth about my target audience as I wanted to. So, I did some more research! This is what I found:

Thriller films typically target 15-25-year-olds because younger audiences are drawn towards thrilling themes than older ones. Additionally, they focus on males over females as thrills are statistically enjoyed by males more. 

Due to the fact that my film is challenging many thriller genre conventions, my target audience will vary from the norm. My film is going to feature a topic that is a common fear among parents: their child being kidnapped. For this reason, I will establish my target audience to be from 15 to 50-year-olds. Although this age range is expansive, it is highly effective. For older audiences, my film will evoke fear through the dramatization of kidnapping. This film will be effective in drawing in adults because they can relate to this fear where younger audiences otherwise would not have the same reaction. This film will be effective in drawing in younger audiences because it is a thriller film, which usually attracts younger audiences because they are more drawn towards thrilling themes.

I will also focus on a different gender than normal. For older audiences, I will focus on both males and females. I have made this choice because this fear is common for both mothers and fathers, so they will both be interested in this concept. However, for younger audiences, I will follow the traditional thriller target audience and focus on males. This is because males are more attracted to thrills than females. 

The reason I am challenging the typical thriller target audience is that my film challenges normal genre conventions. If my film did not feature this concept, it would not be effective to have a target audience this expansive. However, because of the relatability of this concept for parents, I have decided to establish my target audience as described.

No comments:

Post a Comment