24.3.21

Brainstorming Interviewees

Hello! Last week, I learned during my group meeting that it would be best to switch up my idea for the interviewees for my 5-minute extract. At first, I wanted to interview an employee at the airboat tour operator company and one of my peers who live in Weston. However, after the group meeting last week, my classmates suggested that I should choose older people to interview instead of younger people. They said that because Weston was founded in 1996, older interviewees who have lived in Weston since they would be able to give a much more in-depth account of environmental changes in the Everglades than younger interviewees. I started brainstorming new interviewees and have come up with a few ideas. Take a look:


Ira and Lori Solomon

Ira and Lori Solomon are 18-year homeowners from Weston, Florida. Over the course of living in Weston over the past two decades, they have seen firsthand the beauty of the local flora and fauna as well as the environmental issues they face. From their backyard, Lori and Ira get a glimpse of the Everglades ecosystem, as their house was built on land that was formerly part of the Florida Everglades. Ira and Lori Solomon are equipped to discuss local environmental issues and urban development, making them great candidates for interviewees for my docuseries.


Laura Ashley

Laura Ashley is a seasoned science teacher from Cypress Bay High School. At CBHS, she leads the AP Environmental Science course. In this course, she discusses a wide range of environmental topics, many of which apply to the environment right near her school, the Florida Everglades. Laura Ashley would be well equipped to discuss environmental issues from a more large-scale perspective, as well as giving her personal experiences living in South Florida.


Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz is a United States congresswoman who represents Florida’s 23rd district. She is a seasoned politician who has much experience dealing with environmental policy, as she represents the district where the Florida Everglades lies. I know Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz personally, as I served as a congressional intern for her during the Summer of 2020. For this reason, I will have an easier time reaching out to her for an interview. Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz is well equipped with knowledge of environmental policy, specifically regarding the Everglades. For this reason, she would be an incredible candidate for an interviewee of my docuseries.


I will have to reach out to these people and see if they would be open to being interviewed for my docuseries. In the meantime, stay tuned for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment