5.3.21

Docuseries Research

 Hello! In order to develop an effective series for my project, I searched streaming services to find a docuseries that I could use as a case study for my research. The docuseries I researched as a case study is Explained. Take a look at this series breakdown:

Series Title: Explained

Subgenre: Sociological Explanation

Purpose: To inform viewers using in-depth explanations of various topics.

Amt. of seasons: 2

List of Episodes:

  • S1E1: "The Racial Wealth Gap"
  • S1E2: "Designer DNA"
  • S1E3: "Monogamy"
  • S1E4: "K-Pop"
  • S1E5: "Cryptocurrency"
  • S1E6: "Why Diets Fail"
  • S1E7: "The Stock Market"
  • S1E8: "eSports"
  • S1E9: "Extraterrestrial Life"
  • S1E10: "!"
  • S1E11: "Cricket"
  • S1E12: "Weed"
  • S1E13: "Tattoo"
  • S1E14: "Astrology"
  • S1E15: "Can We Live Forever?"
  • S1E16: "The Female Orgasm"
  • S1E17: "Political Correctness"
  • S1E18: "Why Women Are Paid Less"
  • S1E19: "The World's Water Crisis"
  • S1E20: "Music"
  • S2E1: "Cults"
  • S2E2: "Billionaires" 
  • S2E3: "Animal Intelligence"
  • S2E4: "Athleisure"
  • S2E5: "Coding"
  • S2E6: "Pirates"
  • S2E7: "The Next Pandemic"
  • S2E8: "The Future of Meat"
  • S2E9: "Beauty"
  • S2E10: "Diamonds"
General Episode Structure:
  • Introduction of topic
  • Theme Song/ Title Sequence
  • History of topic
  • Notable figures in topic
  • Testimonial/Interview
  • Developments from topic
  • Impact of topic on the modern world
From creating this breakdown, I now understand how a docuseries utilizes consistent structure in order to achieve their purpose with every episode. By studying Explained, I will be better equipped to develop a docuseries that I will feature in my project. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment