22.3.21

Spontaneous Filming Day

Hello! Over the weekend, I got a large portion of my filming completed. I needed to find a scene that would exemplify the beauty, liveliness, and magic of the Florida Everglades. So, I brainstormed with my girlfriend she suggested a place that I didn’t even think of: Flamingo Gardens! Flamingo Gardens is an Everglades wildlife sanctuary, complete with a variety of local plants and animals that could be found just nearby in the Everglades. The facility finds permanently injured, non-releasable animals in order to provide safe refuge to them. Their goal is to remind visitors that they are destroying wild habitats and that they must act now or the Everglades may lose its rich wildlife heritage. Take a look at some of the shots I got while visiting Flamingo Gardens:


Aviary

At Flamingo Gardens, there is a walk-through enclosure called “The Aviary.” Here, beautiful Everglades birds roam the pathways, swim in the cool water, and fly around from tree to tree. This encounter was the perfect place to get stunning, vivid, and close-up shots of birds. With the help of some bird food provided by the facility, I was able to take some incredible shots of the local birds in this encounter. It looks so real, almost like I’m in the wild!




Flora

Flamingo Gardens is scattered with gardens and natural areas that are filled with beautiful Everglades Flora. From massive trees to leafy plants, to colorful, blooming bushes, Flamingo Gardens has any plant you can think of! In the reflection garden, there is a forest of plants to see. In addition, eye-popping peacocks roam around these areas, making the encounter that much more filled with subjects for my filming.



Fauna

There is no shortage of fauna at this facility! Flamingo Gardens has a huge load of fauna, from bears to otters, to alligators, to flamingos! All the species that they have at the park are rehabilitated animals that can be found Everglades. This allowed me to get clear, close-up footage of these animals without me having to deal with the unpredictability of the wild. With this footage of Everglades fauna, I will be able to engage the audience in my 5-minute extract.




That’s all for now. Stay tuned for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment