16.3.21

Production Preparation

Hello! As I begin to transition into the production process, I have started to plan out how I will complete my filming for this production. I now plan on focusing on the more intricate details of my filming, including interviews and specific shots that I need to obtain.

Equipment Test

I have reached out to my friend, Josh, who has started to gather his drone equipment and test it before we begin filming. This week, he went to a field to test his equipment and it was a success. He said that his drone was working properly and the batteries are charged up and functioning. He practiced some camera maneuvering techniques, including following a moving object, pans, and tilts. He reported to me that his equipment is ready for filming and that he has learned new maneuvers for his drone. I am excited to see what kind of footage we are able to obtain with this tool! Check out this clip that he took during his practice flight!

Airboat Research

The second filming tool I planned on using for my documentary extract is an airboat. Because I don't own an airboat and (sadly) don't have any airboat owner friends, I will have to get a seat on an Everglades airboat tour if I want to obtain footage via boat. I live in the city closest to the heart of the Everglades, so airboat tours are not too far away from me. In fact, Sawgrass Recreation Park (found here: https://www.evergladestours.com/) offers airboat tours that are only 15 minutes from my house! Other airboat tours in my area include Loxahatchee Everglades Airboat Tours and Rides (https://www.evergladesairboattours.com/) and Everglades Holiday Park Airboat Tours and Rides (https://www.evergladesholidaypark.com/?utm_source=GMBlisting&utm_medium=organic). I will have to book a tour and prepare for filming within the next few days.

Interviews

Throughout my research, I found that most documentaries utilize interviews in order to move the piece forward and integrate information within it. For this reason, I have decided to facilitate interviews of South Florida locals for my production. Featuring their perspective of the Florida Everglades in the modern day will allow me to integrate information in my documentary that will help inspire viewers to care for America's national parks. The interviewees will provide a first-hand perspective of the current climate changes that are occurring in Florida's ecosystem. Here is a list of people that I am considering for interviewing:

  • Marley Solomon- lifetime Weston resident, high school student
  • Shelby Schultz- lifetime Weston resident, high school student
  • Airboat driver/operator
Now, its time to begin turning these ideas into reality! Stay tuned for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment