1.3.21

Filming Techniques

 Hello! Over the weekend, I took some time to brainstorm how I will be able to get footage for my topic: The Florida Everglades. In my group meeting, my classmates were skeptical that I would be able to obtain enough strong footage for the extract, as the landscape can be difficult from a videography perspective. Here's what I came up with over the weekend:

Drone Shots


My good friend, Josh, owns a DJI Spark drone like the one in the picture. With his drone, he likes to fly it at high altitudes and see the incredible, flat landscape that surrounds our neighborhoods. He takes incredible shots of his house and surrounding streets has played around with filming some cinematic shots, like following a car. I reached out to Josh over the weekend and he said that he would collaborate with me in obtaining footage for my documentary. We plan to meet in our surrounding areas to obtain footage of the Everglades when it is time to film.

Footage Via Airboat


One idea that was suggested to me during my group meeting was to obtain footage while on a recreational airboat tour. It would be the perfect chance to capture astounding footage of the landscape from the ground. This will allow my viewers to see the Everglades from another perspective and will get them to pay attention to the vast amount of vegetation and wildlife. For this to be effective: I will have to obtain some stabilization equipment, as I don't want to get shaky shots during my single opportunity on the airboat. I will have to ask around with my peers and see what I can find. 


Back to the topics

As written in my last posting the sections of the pilot that I can represent in my 5-minute extract include:
  • History of the Everglades
  • Everglades and The City of Weston
  • Native tribes in the Everglades
  • Climate Change and the Everglades
  • Native Everglades flora and fauna

After reviewing my methods of obtaining footage, I feel that it would be best to narrow it down to two possible topics that can be best conveyed with my filming methods. They are:
  • History of the Everglades
  • Native Everglades flora and fauna

I will have to continue to plan out my documentary and allow my process to select my topic. Until next time, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment