3.3.21

I have found it!

 Hello! After brainstorming possible filming techniques for my project, I have been able to weigh out which subtopic would be best for me to address during my 5-minute docuseries extract. Here's what I decided:

History of the Everglades

This topic would be very effective, as there is a lot of history to cover about this national park. In this extract, I would highlight how the area was first discovered, who its first inhabitants were, and how the land has changed after years of suburban development. This would be a subtopic that is rich in information to discuss, but my main problem with it is that it will be hard to obtain B roll footage for it. Other than aerial and ground shots of the terrain, this topic would require me to get other footage, like land being developed, native people living on the land, and more. There isn't much B-roll that I have the resources to obtain, and I would have to rely heavily on the footage that I can obtain.

Native Everglades Flora and Fauna

This topic would also be very effective, as there is a thriving ecosystem in the Everglades that is home to plants and animals alike. In this extract, I would highlight the incredible wildlife that can be found in this area, including native and invasive species. This subtopic would also be rich in information to discuss, but my main problem would be that the footage may be hard to obtain because of the unpredictable nature of animals. On the day that I am filming, there is a chance that I don't see any animals or have a hard time getting clear shots of them. This complex filming subject will make it much harder to create an appealing documentary extract with the resources that I have on hand. 


Here's what my classmate, Camille, had to say:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/171mYf2sg0mEu9Pe48WlQPRv23j71zplG/view?usp=sharing

Here's what my classmate, Trinity, had to say:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JmH754WZoV8DxAVyrbg1MZTXyHEnqnl1/view?usp=sharing


Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment