10.3.21

Extract Breakdown

 Hello! For my 5-minute extract, I have chosen a subtopic that will best help me achieve my purpose of inspiring viewers to work to preserve the national parks. The subtopic that I have chosen is:

National Park in the Modern Day

For this subtopic, I have developed an outline for how I want my extract to look. Take a look below:

  1. Series Intro- coming back from commercial break, "You're watching America's Greatest National Parks..."
  2. Climate Change Discussion
    1. Global warming- increase in CO2 emissions
      1. Present statistics and data to show global changes
    2. Impact on wildlife and overall ecosystem
      1. Present statistics, data, and images
      2. Present local testimony/interview
  3. Call to action
    1. Why you should help
      1. Utilize empowering music/audio to appeal to emotion
    2. How you can help
      1. Utilize empowering music/audio to appeal to emotion
Why interviews?
After completing my research of docuseries, I learned one thing that I plan to replicate in my extract: the importance of interweaving interviewers throughout the documentary. The presence of interviews in a documentary allows for further information to be presented to the viewers. Interviews allow the topics presented in the documentary to be properly addressed without ineffective narrations or voiceovers. Interviews guide the topic of discussion in a documentary. For example, in Explained, interviews were used to provide information about the topic being discussed as well as provide for transitions between topics. In my extract, I plan on using testimony/interviews of Florida locals in order to provide insight into how climate change has affected Florida's ecosystem.

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment