6.3.21

Docuseries Breakdown

 Hello! I have finally decided on a subtopic for my docuseries extract! Now, I want to map out exactly what my idea for the docuseries is. This will allow me to effectively create a social media page and develop a brand for it. Take a look:

Series Title: America's Greatest National Parks

Subgenre: Sociological Explanation/Observational Documentary

Target Audience: Male and females ages 13-30

Purpose: To inspire viewers to appreciate the national parks and work to preserve them.

Amt. of seasons: 1

List of Episodes:

  • S1E1: The Florida Everglades
  • S1E2: Yosemite National Park
  • S1E3: The Canyons (Grand Canyon, Bryce, and Zion National Parks)
  • S1E4: Glacier National Park
  • S1E5: Denali National Park and Reserve
  • S1E6: Badlands National Park
  • S1E7: Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park
  • S1E8: Shenendoah National Park
General Episode Structure:
  • Introduction
  • General facts about the park (location, area, ecosystem)
  • Park history
  • Unique park attractions
  • Flora and fauna
  • National park in the modern day (in response to climate change, deforestation, loss of habitat, pollution)
Each episode will follow this general episode structure but will discuss different national parks. For the sake of this project, I will have to select one of the sections of the episode structure to represent in a 5-minute extract. 

Having this breakdown of my complete docuseries idea will allow me to create an effective social media page for my project. While in the 5-minute extract I will be only discussing a specific subtopic related to the Florida Everglades, the social media page will feature clips/photos from the entirety of the docuseries. By having an idea of what the rest of my docuseries would look like, I will be able to effectively develop a brand through my social media page.

Now, my idea is developed enough for me to begin creating an outline for my 5-minute extract. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment