17.3.21

Group Meetings #2

 Hello! Today, during class, my peers and I participated in our second group meetings. At this meeting, we were given the chance to bounce ideas off of each other and improve our projects with the suggestions of our other peers. Today, I learned a lot during the group meeting. Take a look:

Interviewee Changes

At the group meeting, my classmates recommended that I choose to interview older people over younger people. Because Weston, Florida was founded in 1996, younger interviewees would not be able to give as in-depth of an account of environmental changes in the Everglades as older interviewees. Older interviewees who were in Weston since it was founded would be much better equipped to discuss this topic because they were actually here since the beginning and have seen the changes occurring over the years. For this reason, I will start brainstorming older people that I can interview for my production.

Editing Software

At the group meeting, I shared with my classmates that I was having trouble finding a program to edit my 5-minute extract on. Last school year, my school organized a free student subscription to WeVideo, a video editing software platform that is easy to use and effective for any video project. This year, however, the discontinued our subscriptions, so now I am left with no editing software for my A level portfolio project. My classmates suggested that I research Premiere Rush and Videoleap editing software. My classmate, Sil, said that Premiere Rush is "the iMovie of the Adobe Suite." This is important for me because I am not the most skilled editor, and I need a program that will accommodate my editing skill level. My other classmate, Trinity, said that she uses Videoleap editing for her projects and shared that she has not had any problems with it and enjoys using the service. I will need to research these services and see which would be best for me to use for this project.

During the group meeting, I got a TON of helpful feedback from my peers. They gave me many important suggestions that I will use to diversify my ideas and improve my project. Here are some things I found I need to get done after talking to my peers:

To-do List:

  • Research Premier Rush and Videoleap editing software
  • Gather local's footage of recent flooding incidences
    • Must credit in blog and in extract
  • Brainstorm filming locations
  • Brainstorm older interviewees
  • Call airboat tour operators
    • Find best time to come to interview an employee
    • Reserve private airboat tour
Today's meeting was a huge success! Stay tuned to see me dive into the production portion of my project!

No comments:

Post a Comment