11.3.21

Why discuss National Park in the Modern Day?

 Hello! As you saw in my last posting, the topic that I will be focusing on for my 5-minute extract is "National Park in the Modern Day." Although this topic was not one of my final choices, I decided that it would be the best one for me to cover, as it is engaging, informative, and best exemplifies the purpose of my docuseries. Take a look at some issues relevant to the Florida Everglades in the modern-day:

Climate Change

One of the most pertinent issues in the Florida Everglades today is the impending risk of climate change. This is a complex topic, yet an important one. If we do not act now, Florida's ecosystem may not survive for future generations to see. The purpose of my docuseries is to inspire viewers to appreciate the national parks and work to preserve them. The beginning of the episode would work to inspire viewers to appreciate the national parks while the end of the episode (5-minute extract) would be a call to action that would inspire viewers to preserve them.

Loss of habitat/extinction

Another pertinent issue in the Florida Everglades today is the increasing urban development which has reduced the habitat of native flora and fauna. Some species have adapted to these changes, but others have been pushed to the brink of extinction. By including this topic in my 5-minute extract, I will be able to capture the attention of my viewers by showing them something that would appeal to their heartstrings and evoke feelings of sadness. I mean, come on! Who wouldn't be saddened about these animals being harmed? In addition, who wouldn't want to take action to solve the problem all together? This topic will be effective in both engaging the audience and achieving my purpose.


After my genre research...

I found that this topic would best exemplify my subgenre: Observational/Sociological Explanation. Through my research, I found that observational documentaries record everyday life without intrusion, while sociological explanation documentaries explain an aspect of life in order to inform or persuade viewers. For this reason, I decided that my subgenre "blend" would be best represented by this topic because it can be covered simply from a "fly-on-the-wall" perspective to explain a "slice of life" and persuade viewers to act a certain way. These emotional, complex topics will best represent my observational/sociological explanation subgenre in my extract.

For these reasons, I decided to cover this topic for my 5-minute extract. Stay tuned, as I have a lot more research I need to conduct for this topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment