15.3.21

Progress Update

 Hello! I am now 5 weeks into my A-level portfolio project. I am transitioning out of the pre-production/research phase and into the production phase. I wanted to take this moment to document the progress I have made thus far. Take a look below and see what I have put together already.

Taking my idea and running with it

As of March 10th, I have finalized my idea for my docuseries, including my plan for my 5-minute extract. I decided to create a docuseries titled "America's Greatest National Parks" and create a 5-minute extract from its pilot, titled "The Florida Everglades." During my extract, I plan to talk about the Florida Everglades in the modern-day. After brainstorming and getting advice from my peers, I decided on this subtopic for my extract because I thought that it was most exemplary of my subgenre, observational/sociological explanation, and will best help me achieve my purpose of inspiring viewers to care for the national parks. Right when I finalized this idea, I got right into research and developed all the information I need to create an effective extract. The brainstorming process was made much more smooth due to the help of my classmates, who helped me diversify my ideas and choose the topic that was best for my project.

Production Preparation

As I begin to transition into the production process, I have started to plan out how I will complete my filming for this production. I have already developed outlines and breakdowns for my extract, but now I will have to focus on the more intricate details of my filming, including shot types and interviews. In addition, I have reached out to my friend, Josh, who has started to gather his drone equipment and test it before we begin filming. He plans on completing a test run this week to ensure that his drone will run efficiently during filming.

Getting started with the socials

Even though the 5-minute extract is the main component of this project, I still can't forget about the side tasks! Recently, I have started to look into the social media component for this project. My task is to create a social media page for my Docuseries. I know what I want the page to look like, with lots of colors, shots of national parks, fun facts, promotional posts. I have to decide between which social media platform I want to utilize for this component. I want to choose a platform that will best cater to my target audience, in order to encourage them to watch this documentary. I will have to brainstorm and facilitate more research before making a decision and beginning development.

Upcoming group meetings!

On March 17th, my classmates and I will be holding our second group meetings. These meetings allow us to bounce ideas off of each other and diversify our projects. I plan on sharing my blog platform with them and asking them for feedback about any part of my project. There is nothing specific I want to ask them this time, I just want to know if they have any suggestions for new ideas or reservations about my old ideas. In addition, I plan on helping my other classmates by giving them suggestions for their projects and walking them through the stages of planning and development.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment